Let's try a version 1/2 way between those extremes:
- I have a 3 tattoo on my right forearm which I drew in 1996, which represents balance, or the middle path, or the value of diverse thinking.
- Three Ways Media (aka 3WM) was my video production business which started in 2007, just prior to the 2008 economic collapse. I was initially able to shoot video and get paid enough on weekend gigs for about 9 months to quit my lucrative (yet spiritually empty) corporate IT job. Then in 2008 it all stopped
- After the economic collapse, I was unemployed for more than 18 months -- and I shot 3 short films, won 2 awards, met my wife-to-be, and ate thru my savings.
- After a lot of job hunting, I was unable to re-enter IT, but b/c of 3WM & my computer background, I got a job working in TV. And another TV job. And another TV job, the last of which was a graveyard shift job for 3 years (during which I got married, bought a house, and we had a kid), and that bizarre job lasted for 5 years before "I was laid off due to automation".
- In 2015, GoDaddy changed my hosting around for 3WM, and all my videos vanished.
- So now I'm finally ready to reboot 3WM back to life.
Whew, what a long & crazy road it's been!
My goals with this website are:
- repost the old videos which I shot awhile back,
- film some new amazing inspiring stuff & get it on here too
- get a waaaaaay better gig producing & directing based on my future online demo-reel which will live here. (And then eventually start my own feature film production co based in Bay Area, and work happily with amazing creatives every day to make stories which reshape our paradigm into something sustainable, beautiful, kind, and more fair.)
I think this is do-able. I don't know how to go from point A to point B, but I never really have known that. I just do my best and ask the Universe (and you people!) for help!
So ... CAN YOU HELP THREE WAYS MEDIA SUCCEED?
Three Ways Media - mission statement - version 1, 2/29/2016
To tell stories in collaboration with amazing creative artists which re-frame the collective paradigm into something sustainable, beautiful, kind, and more fair.